I just cannot seem to cut coffee out of my life, nor do I really want to. It is a morning ritual that I thoroughly enjoy and in moderation a good quality coffee can actually have some health benefits. But, the best thing I have discovered lately is that coffee is a great place to add in some superfoods. So, I have been experimenting with ways to make it healthier and yummier. Here is my latest:
- 1 good size cup quality organic coffee (coffee crops are one of the most heavily sprayed with pesticides, if you are doing decaf look for swiss water decaf, otherwise the decaf process is even more harmful for your health.)
- 1 tsp good quality butter (good fats and filling, everything is better with butter, right?)
- 2 tbsps coconut milk (because I love creamer and this is my substitute while being dairy free for gut healing, make sure your creamer doesn't have loads of junk though, many of them do #readyourlabels)
- 2 tsps cocoa powder (yummy, antioxidants, again it is the junk we add to cocoa that makes it naughty)
- 1 tsps maca powder (has a nutty flavour in coffee, an adaptogen good for energy and balancing hormones, look for gelatinized where starch is removed and it is absorbed better in the body)
- 1 tsp collagen peptides (skin and joint health)
- 1/4 tsp chlorella powder (cleansing, helps me #getmoregreens)
I have trained myself to cut added sugar from my coffee however I do make a simple syrup from honey that makes this even better for the sweet tooth.
Mix it all up and enjoy!
How do you supercharge your coffee?