"SUCCESS IS THE SUM OF SMALL EFFORTS REPEATED DAY IN DAY OUT." - Robert Collier
Do you currently experience any of the following:
- feel tired and lack energy?
- want to lose some extra weight?
- desire to clear up that less than perfect skin?
- experience uncontrollable sugar cravings?
- feel like you are on a hormonal roller coaster?
- have unexplained food and/or environmental allergies?
- experience persistent digestive issues?
- struggle with depression or negative thinking?
- hit a plateau in the gym or having trouble powering through workouts?
- feel the need for caffeine to make it through the day?
- get confused by all the conflicting health advice in media?
Despite what the media tells you, these symptoms are not a normal way to live, nor are they a normal part of aging. Your body is capable of extraordinary healing and excellent health is within your grasp. If any of this sounds like you keeping on reading to discover how Nutritional Therapy can get you on the road back to vibrant health.
What is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner?
A Nutritional Therapy Practitioner evaluates an individual's nutritional needs to create a personalized, holistic plan for dietary and lifestyle change, helping clients balance body chemistry and achieve optimal health. It goes beyond "eating clean" to get to the root cause of your symptoms. We don't just make a plan we educate, coach and encourage you through the process, making adjustments as needed along the way.
Note: NTPs do not diagnose or treat pathological conditions, injuries, or diseases. Rather we support the foundations and root causes resulting in balance within the body.
What exactly is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy Practitioners focus on the Foundations of Health:
- Blood sugar regulation
- Fatty acid balance
- Mineral balance
We believe that these foundations are the building blocks for optimal health. However, eating a properly-prepared, nutrient-dense, whole foods diet is essential for the proper function of each of the foundations.
The primary focus of Nutritional Therapy is to give the body the nourishment it needs by improving nutrition and digestion. When one eats and fully absorbs a nutritious diet, cells will get the nutrients they desperately need. The functioning of the entire body will improve, and health will naturally follow.
We also believe that each person is unique and we take the time to personalize a program for your individual needs rather than taking a one size fits all approach.
What else might need to change, other than my diet?
Although the focus lies in targeted nutrition and supplementation, those are not the only inputs to health. We also address additional positive lifestyle changes such as: proper sleep, stress management, hormonal balance, mental health, and social support as key pillars of the practice of Nutritional Therapy. We also help you to identify a strong personal "Why". Why should we change or put in any effort? A good why can make all the difference on your new health journey.
“THE SECRET TO PERMANENTLY BREAKING ANY BAD HABIT IS TO LOVE SOMETHING GREATER THAN THAT HABIT.” - Bryant McGill
How do you evaluate the nutritional status of the body?
NTPs practice a unique set of skills in order to maximize results and address the bio-individuality of each client. Although you will fill out a food journal and initial health questionnaire, we will go beyond environmental factors and use the body’s innate wisdom to make recommendations. Our skill set includes:
- Food Journal - We assess food quality, quantity, potential food allergens, excess diuretic consumption, and hydration. Actionable steps to improvement are provided so that you can make changes as easily as possible.
- Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire - A detailed online questionnaire to identify potential nutrient deficiencies and imbalances in organs and systems.
- Functional Evaluation - A unique, hands-on evaluation technique in which the NTP will use feedback from the body to determine where dysfunction is occurring within organs and organ systems.
- Lingual-Neuro Testing (LNT) Process - A targeted test of supplements to ensure that recommendations will benefit bio-individuality of each body. This maximizes results and minimizes extraneous supplement use/spending. Based on these findings we may recommend targeted supplementation for a period of time. The goal is to remove the need for supplements after the body’s function is optimized.