In my family breakfast is a big deal! Not only is it great bonding time, a hearty breakfast will fuel you for the rest of the day and prevent that afternoon sugar crash. After doing the GAPS diet we have continued to keep our morning pastries mostly grain free. This is our favourite grain free pancake recipe. We make at least 3 batches at a time to save plenty for snacking.
Nourishing Squash Pancakes:
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, pureed
- 1 cup almond butter (sometimes we use and like peanut)
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 5 free range eggs (preferably from a local farmer!)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- dash of spice (any "pumpkin pie" type)
- 1 tbsp raw unfiltered honey (optional)
- ghee or good butter for frying
1.) Place all ingredients in a blender about 1 minute.
2.) Fry in ghee on griddle on medium/low, careful they burn easily.
3.) Serve with fresh whipped cream, fruit or real maple syrup, but nothing is necessary. Makes about 25 small/med pancakes.