So I came up with this yesterday with whatever I had on hand and it was a family hit. Everyone begged for seconds that I did not have
Chicken and Butternut Squash Saute:
- In cast iron skillet add about 5 slices pastured nitrite free bacon cut into small pieces and saute on medium until slightly brown
- Add half a butternut squash cut into small cubes, saute for about 10 mins on medium, then add half a yellow onion cut into coarse squares for 5 mins
- In another skillet fry 4 organic free range chicken thighs until brown, season with garlic powder and salt while cooking
- When chicken is done, cube and add to first skillet, stir and cook together for about 5 mins
- Add 3 cloves minced fresh garlic, cilantro and a dash of taco seasoning and cook a few more minutes
- Fry pastured eggs over easy in chicken pan
- Serve chicken squash and eggs on a plate and sprinkle with a bit of fresh cheddar and a dash of red pepper
I would have added kale to the skillet and some avocado on the side if I had had some Prep and cook time took about 30 mins total. I fed 6 people.
My son says this card makes him very hungry just looking at it and remembering.
How do you like to cook your butternut squash?